That is the question.......

Proper Pink Poesies © 2011 Amy Hillenbrand
5 x 7 oil on canvas
poesy: plural - sies,  "the work or the art of poetic composition"


I have a new question running around in my mind these days. Maybe you have had the same one running around in your mind.
 
Why are some artist successful and some artists are just not successful? What makes them different? Are they just fabulously talented?  Is it that they are smarter than the next person? Are they more gifted with time management? Were they born with a marketing gene? Do they actually have 34 hours a day vs the 24 hours that everyone else has? Are they luckier than the average Joe?

Since right now my focus is in oil painting, I pose the question regarding artists, but it can apply to any profession or endeavor.  Are there things you intuitively know you should do and you don't to make yourself successful?  I'm so intrigued by the why and why not of this question. Yep, so as you can see, this question is just flying around in my ole' noggin. I have some of my own ideas,  but I would love to hear your thoughts.


 
K.3.N.J.I