Oldies but Goodies

 
   Always in Vogue © 2010 Amy Hillenbrand
16 x 20 oil on canvas

I love watching the old black and white movies from the 30's and 40's. There is nothing better to do on a rainy day than curl up with a blankie, turn on the movie channel and take in an oldie. I love the glamorous  clothes and shoes and the happy endings. These shoes remind me of those days and  these wonderful shoes are actually mine this time.  I feel like a million bucks when I wear them, but it's just not everyday I'm sporting 5" heels. (Yeah, no, I don't wear them to paint in) They remind me of the old glamor days of Hollywood, so to get just a little more use out of them I thought they could pose with this wonderful book of portraits by the famous photographer Horst Paul Albert Bohrmann. I hope Horst would approve.
 
K.3.N.J.I