A Week in Review



You Looking at Me?
6 x 6 oil on board
This is the second  painting I did in my Karen Jurick's painting workshop. She emphasized to paint what you like the most about your photograph. Well this little dog certainly caught my attention and I sooo didn't want to paint the owners face. 

Over Where?
8 x 5 oil on board
#3   People! Oh boy! Very scary for me. Here's my theory. Do what the teacher does, there is a reason she is a successful selling artist.  I didn't pay money to do in class what I normally do at home. She paints on board, I painted on board; she paints small, I'll painted small; she paints people, I'll give people the ole' college try.


Yes!
8x 6 oil on board
#4, this one I tried a figure and a face, very very scary.  I love the way Karen captures the body expressions in her paintings, here's my attempt at that.  She also paints on a black toned board, I do like the way the black peaks through the green grass. I do intend to go back to my normal subject matter, but hopefully I can successfully integrate some of what I learned.
 
K.3.N.J.I