Return from Hiatus

Unfinished Painting

  After much delay and wonderful encouragement from all my painting friends, I finally got to the canvas. But then I was horrified, horrified! When putting brush to canvas, I totally forgot what to do, how to move the brush around to create a painting. I looked at my subject and had no idea where to put the paint. It was awful, it was as though I had brain damage. Very scary.

That was Monday. Tuesday was a little more of the same. Then on Wednesday, I spent most the day doing tasks that I had put off since the holidays. My mind was filled with clutter. That clutter was apparently blocking the pathways of my painting abilities. I have cleaned up the brain clutter and I am happy to report the painting is much easier. Why I picked such a  large and complicated painting for my first after such a long hiatus I don't know.  Silly me.

The many lessons I  learned:
1) don't have such a long spell between painting 2) don't try to paint when you have lots of important "stuff" to get done 3) don't pick a large or complicated painting when you haven't painted for awhile  and most importantly... 4) I have a lot of supportive people in my life.


 
K.3.N.J.I